Pre-Birth Action List For Partners
- Make sure to get food and drinks to nourish yourself during the birth. Treat yourself! It is a big journey for everyone, so make sure you are taken care of, too.
- Take an evening to go out with a close friend to discuss all of your excitement, hopes, fears and worries before the birth comes.
- Take your mama-to-be on a date for one special last time.
- Have your own version of a baby shower for yourself. Gather your friends and family to celebrate: make it as fun, or as sentimental as you need.
- Make health and wellbeing during this final stage of pregnancy a shared experience. Swap out a movie night with a long walk, or a beer to yourself with a shared pot of tea.
- Pump yourself up! Write down, or simply sit and imagine, all the ways you are going to be a great partner and parent.
- Go to the Gentle Landing Midwifery Birth Videos for Dads YouTube Channel (http://bit.ly/2eCYb9R). Watch any of these 5 short videos. As you watch, notice what your emotions and body are doing. Are you breathing? Are you crying? Are you freaking out? Is your adrenaline pumping? Simply observe yourself in witness of birth.